Sunday, December 2, 2012

China Part I: The Mountains

Hello nobody!
 
As many of you know, this past summer I hopped on a plane and went to China and participated in a month-long study abroad course that focused on systematics, plant biogeography, ethnobotany, plant identification in the field, and an introduction to the culture of Eastern China.
 
Before I left on this trip, my greatest fear was that the plane would crash over the Pacific and we would all die fiery, free-fall-y deaths of incredible awfulness.
 
Good news, though. Flying to China has cured me of my fear of dying on a plane! It is MUCH WORSE to be stuck in a tiny chair, in the dark, surrounded by a thousand people for 15 hours and then awake to a week of bizarre, mind-fog.
 
But I digress.
 
So there is a lot to say about the China trip. I have divided my journey into five parts: Mountains, Cities, Gardens, Plants, and Culture.
 
Here is a sneak peak of the Mountains blog [I will be finishing these in about 2 weeks when I have access to the diary I kept while abroad].
 
Please enjoy these photos, and read the Reggie blog if you're bored.
 
Adventure is out there.   
 
 






























No comments:

Post a Comment